quinta-feira, dezembro 08, 2011

CONVERSATION WITH YOU

John e seu filho Sean Lennon nasceram em 9 de outubro: John em 1940 e Sean em 1975.

E o Beatles Outtakes posta aqui hoje uma faixa escondida (hidden track) no CD Friendly Fire, de Sean Lennon, de outubro de 2006. Ela aparece logo após a última música, Falling Out Of Love.

Na canção Sean fala abertamente sobre a perda do pai e relembra momentos juntos, porém finaliza tristemente dizendo que os "mortos não falam, eles escutam". Enjoy!

"The Dead Don't Speak They Listen" (hidden song)



Lyrics:

When I was five, that's when you died,
My mother told me I'd never see you again,

All I remember is that I didn't want her to see me, to see me crying
So I said: "Don't worry mama, you're still young and so beautiful
You'll find someone to love and to cherish you"
I'll never forget how she looked laying in her bed
With thousands of people outside singing "Give Peace a Chance"

I would do anything for one conversation with you
Even to walk down the street with you would be so cool
Seems like the whole world had more time with you than I did
But the dead don't speak, they listen

I was alone almost every day
Felt like my mother was always away
All that I knew of you is what people told me
Though I remember the scar on your chin
And the sound of your voice every time that you said good night
Your favourite TV show was "Jekyll and Hyde"
And that you played the piano
Well, now so do I
Every note that I play goes up to the sky

I would do anything for one conversation with you
Even to walk down the street with you would be so cool
Seems like the whole world had more time with you than I did
But the dead don't speak they listen
Dead don't speak, they listen

Nenhum comentário: